Continued working on the frame today. I learned to use our big hydraulic brake. It was certainly a new skill to learn. Didn’t realize it till it was too late, but the brake was going down lopsided! this made a couple of my bends square on one side, and too bent on the other. It still works though.
The frame would also be doable by welding the brackets to the frame, but I figured bending would be easier and look better.
I’ll finish the frame tomorrow, and pick up the torch tip for the 3″ material. Hopefully I’ll get the holes torched for the main linkage.
Today I punched the holes in the frame and finished up the vertical linkages.
Lost some time, cause when I got to the shop was flooded. The water heater broke and got water all over jimmy’s office and the bathroom. Had to clean up.
Cut sheet metal for frame. Will drill or punch holes in it soon.
Continued on the vertical linkages. Got the two about machined to size but will weld in additional material and machine it down. See video below.
Also cut out table on panograph.
Finally feels like things are moving. Especially because I don’t have any doctors appointments this week. I had to go 3 times last week. Damn finger.
Finally got the big holes figured out. Jimmy did the first hole in the vertical linkages using the motorized circle cutter, and taught me to use it. I wasn’t successful the first time, I need to go back and fix it tomorrow. The second time I was successful. See the photos below. I plan on finishing them completely tomorrow.
I also bored out the hole that Jimmy torched. It took a long time, about an hour. However, other things can be done while boring them, since our machine has an autofeed. I plan on working on the sketchup model tomorrow while boring the other holes.
I’m also picking up some dry-ice to do some freeze fitting tomorrow. Once the bushings are frozen, I will know what the final bore should be; It needs to be just bigger than the OD of the frozen bushings.